Michael is the Principal Contracts Administrator for Baade Harbour Australia Pty. Ltd.
Michael has administered a diverse range of projects since joining Baade Harbour Australia Pty. Ltd. Ranging from minor works up to $30M major capital projects. Such projects have included:
- Health (Acute, Aged Care, Community and Integrated Rural and Mental Health);
- Emergency Services (Ambulance, CFA, Police ,SES);
- Education (Primary Schools, Secondary Colleges and Tertiary Institutions);
- Commercial (Offices, Shopping Centres, Hotels and Restaurants);
- Residential (Private Homes, Public Housing, Apartments and Units); and
- Local Government (Pre-schools, Childcare, Offices and Recreational Facilities).
Michael also conducts the Compliance Inspections of new and refurbished Victorian Private Hospitals for the Department of Health. This entails inspecting newly completed projects to ensure they comply with the DOH guidelines and the BCA, have all the relevant regulatory approvals/certificates and there are no safety issues.
In addition he is part of the BHA Relocatables Program Team who is engaged by the Department of Education to manage their annual relocatable contract.
He has developed an extensive knowledge of Contracts (including AS2124) and is able to advise Clients and Builders on contractual matters.
Michael’s prime role is to administer the construction phase of the project including:
- Evaluation of construction companies
- Preparation of tender documents and contracts
- Post tender negotiations
- Fortnightly site meetings;
- Spot inspections;
- Responding to requests for information (RFI’s) and issuing Architects instructions;
- Preparing monthly progress reports and meeting with the Project Control Group;
- Assessing variation claims and preparing progress certificates for payment;
- Advising the client and Builder on issues; and
- Quality checks.
Michael also checks the Contract Documents prior to projects being tendered. He is also on our Quality Assurance Committee and is ISO 9000 qualified QA Auditor.
Prior to joining Baade Harbour Australia, Michael was senior facilities officer with the Department of Education. He has had extensive experience in project planning, project management, contract documentation and contract administration Michael was responsible for the day to day management of the various construction and maintenance programs administered by the regions. He played a major role in the management of the regional relocatable buildings program including management of contractors siting of relocatable buildings refurbishment and connection to services.