Jim has been with BHA for 24 years and is responsible for the Contract Documentation and Contract Administration of all our projects and this would be his role in this project.
Jim has specialised in school construction for over 24 years and has extensive Contract, Construction and Project Management experience in the delivery of school facilities. Coming from a construction background with over 30 years experience working on site and later becoming an estimator Jim is now the Construction Manager for all projects undertaken by BHA. His role would be the coordination of all the consultant disciplines through all phases of the project including the contract administration of the project through the construction phase and defects period.
Projects Jim has delivered range from Kindergartens, Community Facilities, Primary and Secondary Colleges, Special Developmental Schools and TAFE colleges. These projects have ranged in both scale and complexity, often necessitating a number of construction phases. This has required an ability of knowing how to deal with, and prioritise over conflicting issues which may occur through the Construction phase of the project.
Jim will be responsible for the Project Management and provides the relevant experience for this role including the following:
- Responsible for the development of the performance specifications for the N1 and N2 portable programs.
- Assisted in the development of the RBTP specification.
- Part of the team responsible for the assessment for the appointment of the N1 and N2 RBTP Contractors.
- Has undertaken and prepared Post Occupancy inspections and reports on behalf of the Relocatable Building Program.
- Undertaken building quality inspections and prepared reports on behalf of the Relocatable Building Program.
- Provided design, budget and technical advice to the Relocatable Building Program in relation to Special Schools, Child Care Facilities and currently the Exempler Portable Project.
- Providing technical and specification advice to ARUP for design and delivery of the Rural Replacement Project.